Feedback from itch.io comments

All feedback related to the Alpha Preview, including bug reports, tweaks and balance discussion
christoph
Developer

Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:42 pm

Since we're trying to bundle our communications (and we believe forums with separate threads are a better format) we'll keep longer replies to the forum now.

Starting out with the following feedback:
I'm hopping also for discord train as own discord for kinstrife would be useful.
We're keeping it in mind. We will try and stick/bundle our communication on the forums though until we a) will be doing this full-time and b) there is at least a small steady forum community around.
How is weaponized combat forming up?
Quite well! There'll be a dev log that will also touch on that (as a side note, though.)
About the striking methods, the old one is still better for me. Chained attacks are also really good (in the easy mode or what it is called)
That's quite interesting to hear - what makes you prefer that method?
But really great update all in all.
Cheers! :D
ps. Are physics working under 60fps? I get 140fps ingame or so and still movement seem like it's working somewhere between 30-40?
Generally yes. Sharp eye for frame rates you seem to have there! However, you can change the physics timestep (so the inverse of FPS/Hz) to lower values. On which graphics level are you playing, by the way?
1 x
pequiq
Cottar

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:43 pm

These are the pictures of my gameplay and combat settings which I have.
By "old methods" I meant the regular hook/straight, attack mode to drag treshold and 0 sensitivity while attacking. Maybe I am just used to those.

In graphics settings, I switched everything to full so now I play 90-100fps which is really good for me :)

Ps. Are you aware of the bug which causes camera to stuck while not attacking?
Attachments
nimetön2.png
Combat pref
nimetön.png
Gameplay
0 x
christoph
Developer

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:15 am

Good to hear! There has been quite a bit of performance optimization since that has been a major complaint with the first version.

I don't think so - is there a way to reproduce that?

P.S.: You can also report bugs in-game by pressing F11
0 x
khaya
Developer

Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:55 am

pequiq wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:43 pm
Ps. Are you aware of the bug which causes camera to stuck while not attacking?
From your screenshot I can tell you've got the "Sensitivity while attacking" option set to 0 - which reduces camera movement entirely. I'd advise setting it to 0.25 - 0.5 based on how much you swing around your mouse.
0 x
pequiq
Cottar

Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:59 pm

It's there on purpose as I don't like camera to move while holding mouse :) Instead it does that when I don't press anything. Mouse just kinda freezes like I would be charging an attack when I am not.
0 x
khaya
Developer

Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:54 pm

pequiq wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:59 pm
It's there on purpose as I don't like camera to move while holding mouse :) Instead it does that when I don't press anything. Mouse just kinda freezes like I would be charging an attack when I am not.
Ah, misread that! I was not aware of the bug, I'll be looking in to it. Any specifics on when / how often it happens (e.g. on startup or after attacking)?
0 x
pequiq
Cottar

Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:29 pm

It seems blocking actually causes it. When you press block twice fastly, camera freezes.
0 x
khaya
Developer

Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:24 pm

pequiq wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:29 pm
It seems blocking actually causes it. When you press block twice fastly, camera freezes.
Cheers for that, will be patched out in the next release :)
0 x