dismemberment and a bit of a wilder suggestion

All discussion related to gameplay features and suggestions on Kinstrife
Volca
Cottar

Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:16 am

obviously i could see dismemberment being harder to add then some other things when using physics like this. if included with a decent health system could have your guy still trying to defend himself while missing a hand, or worse a leg.

my other suggestion maybe add a fun light saber mode? In my opinion this would make using the dismemberment feature a lot of fun. It would just be a little fun mode like older games used to have.

if not mods can always be the answer if the game is mod accessible.
0 x
christoph
Developer

Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:37 pm

Dismemberment is indeed a bit of a technical challenge, at least if it's done right (yes, M&B Viking Invasion, I'm looking at you.) However, we are definitely considering a health system where an injured hand might not be used as efficiently in combat or at all. However, it should be very hard to put up a fight in such a condition.

We definitely like to goof around and I suppose we'll look into unlocking some of the goofy stuff with cheats once we have an in-game console :D Light saber is definitely something users would be able to mod in once we have our modding system fully in place.
1 x