As for getting the name out there...

All feedback related to the Alpha Preview, including bug reports, tweaks and balance discussion
Wilddog
Vanguard

Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:35 pm

I was surprised you found my steam thread. How big was the sales bump anyway?

Do you have any strategies for getting kinstrife's name out there?
2 x
christoph
Developer

Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:28 am

We were sure that this sudden increase had to come from somewhere so we did some digging :D Let's just say that the last three days have been far more succesful than the entire last month.

Yep, we have plans for that. For now, though, we decided to focus on developing more features before pulling all the registers. Once we've established more features so that it's more than an extensive demo, we plan to reach out to press and streamers. This has generally worked well for indie devs. Plus, going on Steam for the Alpha should hopefully make an impact as well. But even at that point word of mouth is going to be a powerful thing :)
2 x
Volca
Cottar

Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:48 am

have ya'll considered a discord?
2 x
Wilddog
Vanguard

Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:51 am

christoph wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:28 am
We were sure that this sudden increase had to come from somewhere so we did some digging :D Let's just say that the last three days have been far more succesful than the entire last month.

Yep, we have plans for that. For now, though, we decided to focus on developing more features before pulling all the registers. Once we've established more features so that it's more than an extensive demo, we plan to reach out to press and streamers. This has generally worked well for indie devs. Plus, going on Steam for the Alpha should hopefully make an impact as well. But even at that point word of mouth is going to be a powerful thing :)
More success in the last three days than in the entire month, huh..?

I think I'm in line for a promotion! Heeheehee.
2 x
christoph
Developer

Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:47 pm

Volca wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:48 am
have ya'll considered a discord?
We have. It's important to us that discussions are easily findable at a later point, though and we would also like most of the information available to potentially interested people who are just checking in. So, at least for now, we've decided against it.
0 x