Can't submit feedback in-game through F11 form

All feedback related to the Alpha Preview, including bug reports, tweaks and balance discussion
roel_v
Serf

Fri May 25, 2018 8:05 pm

When I tried to report a bug, I got 'Error: Failed to upload report! Request timed out!'. Then my report was lost.

Furthermore, when submitting a report, when you click, 'Submit' it says 'submitting' with an OK button - but when you click that 'OK', it just dismisses the dialog and brings you back to the FEEDBACK screen. I think it would be better to do the actual submitting/networked code in a separate thread. When you click 'Submit' you go back to the game immediately. In the background, when submitting fails for whatever reason, the feedback is stored in a small database,, and submission is retried every once in a while.
0 x
christoph
Developer

Sat May 26, 2018 3:38 pm

Heh, having a bug in the bug reporting tool is quite unfortunate...

Considering you probably had a working internet connection, I think a likely culprit could be the firewall settings. Could you please check if the game application (not the launcher) is being blocked by the firewall?

Storing the report and trying to resend it later seems like a good idea, thanks for the suggestion! And you're right, ideally you'd just want the bug report to be sent away without having to worry about anything else.
0 x