test game

All feedback related to the Alpha Preview, including bug reports, tweaks and balance discussion
gasecol_proo
Cottar

Fri May 25, 2018 12:05 pm

hello first good job, I've been playing this pre palpha considering what it is, and it has really interesting things and some things to corejir from my point of view
GOOD THINGS
the movement of the character when moving and colliding with objects is very good
I love how it moves it feels very real.

the technical finish is quite good it looks great.

Personalization is very decent considering the phase where you are
and of course the physics of combat

THINGS TO IMPROVE
when you enter combat it is very difficult to aim at the opponent, it feels very awkward it is good that the shots are executed with the mouse, but it lacks fluidity in the animations, it feels very slow even though I like it, but alas, it may not understand that being in physics is difficult to achieve a good balance, perhaps a more basic movement style exanima aria more fluid for the moment combat
to be based on fiscas the same blow will always be different.

the performance is vast just taking into account that only a scenario i a couple of players with a gtx 970 costs me to reach 60 fps is between 45 50 fps with all the minimum

I have not found any bug at the moment I will test more thoroughly

thank you very much for everything I hope it serves as a greeting! :) :) :) :)
0 x
khaya
Developer

Fri May 25, 2018 9:33 pm

Hi gasecol_proo,

We're very happy to hear the there were some things in this pre-alpha you already enjoy.

I agree with the camera controls - at the moment when initiating and executing a swing the camera sensitivity is lowered so the dragging doesn't cause jerking. This causes some issues with targeting. It's noted and something we will improve on in the near future!

You're correct that in a physics-based combat system, animations need to be slowed down somewhat to make sure the collisions can happen properly. The combat controls are still very early and will still see years of adjustment and polish to give a smoother and more responsive experience, so your feedback is essential in that.

Can you clarify "to be based on fiscas the same blow will always be different" and your statement regarding performance? (We know performance needs quite some work still :lol: )

Thanks for giving the game a go and the feedback, it's much appreciated. And welcome to the forums!
0 x
gasecol_proo
Cottar

Sat May 26, 2018 1:50 am

what I want to say with (being based on physics the same blow is always different) is ke not being a fixed animazion and imutable the same blow can be affected by a thousand different parameters colison, valance of the character, movement, inertia etc same animation may end up hitting the face in the shoulder or maybe hit you the vrazo i give yourself to yourself hahahaha I mean that I put another example, exanima is a game very similar i hit with my right hand and I beat hits in the face others in the body to be traced in taxes and many others can affect the trajectory of the blow and even fail to hit with a club and fall forcibly exerted a greeting and thank you forgive my disastrous English I do not know if I can understand correctly
0 x
gasecol_proo
Cottar

Sun May 27, 2018 11:21 am

After trying in depth the few things that it offers pre alpha and to say that I started to enjoy it by removing the movement of the mouse and the aforementioned, I have not found any bug that breaks the experience of the juice, maybe the npc are a little awkward with the elements that surround them and abezes are trapped between the table and the chairs but nothing worrying, I hope this continues ahead I can not wait to see the fighting with weapons! I have a humble channel of about 3000 subs and I would like to upload a video about this game I think that against more people I know better I would like to know if they agree. greetings and thanks for this communication so close I look forward to futaras actualzaziones
Attachments
GifCapture-201805270343184874.gif
small bug
0 x
christoph
Developer

Sun May 27, 2018 4:20 pm

Thanks a lot for the enthusiasm and positive feedback! We are glad to hear you have not been experiencing major bugs. Indeed, performance NPC/AI behaviour is something we are planning to improve. Our current focus is fixing the bugs that have been reported (including yours!) and to create a performance-friendly test scene. After this, our main focus (besides some behind-the-scenes technical improvements for future development) is to get weapons ready!

And if you'd like to make a video and post it on your channel, please go ahead and do! We're always happy to see people are playing and enjoying our game :D
0 x