physics

All discussion related to gameplay features and suggestions on Kinstrife
gasecol_proo
Cottar

Fri May 25, 2018 12:32 am

Hi, I'm really excited about this game, it reminds me of exanima but in a more elaborate version, the physics of the combat give a unique dynamism lucky beats by inertia etc. this is what makes this game great even if not everyone understands it, as it hits the sword as the fists intertwine is a pass. I think this is the right direction, do not stop following it, in the future, an online arena with a polished combat vased in physics I think it would be a pass. thank you for the work you are doing :D :D :D :D
0 x
christoph
Developer

Fri May 25, 2018 12:56 am

Thanks for the positive feedback! We also believe that physics-based combat has the potential to be super dynamic and intriguing. At the same time, it requires a lot of testing and feedback, which is why we're publishing builds at such an early stage. We're absolutely determined to have your combat be physics-based in the future as well!

An online version is going to be quite difficult, as you said, there's a lot of subtle things going on with physics and quite a bit of data that needs to be passed on and synchronized. This is quite hard to get working well and fairly for multiplayer matches, so in this early stage, we'll focus on singleplayer gameplay. This is definitely something we'll want to look at in the future, though!
0 x