Grappling

All discussion related to gameplay features and suggestions on Kinstrife
Volca
Cottar

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:36 pm

taking some points from toribash it would be nice if there was a key for contracting a muscle or a key to make a hand stick to the opponent? i know it would be hard to implement without being over complex but maybe there is a solution? i dont remember if q and e do anything but have it so that on first click they latch the hand to what ever it was on and the holding it down pulls that arm while taping then holding pushes away. followed by a double tap to release. just brain storming here. could make it only an option during pugilism or only with a free hand.
0 x
Volca
Cottar

Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:36 pm

cant edit the title auto correct told me that was the right way to spell it and i believed it.
0 x
christoph
Developer

Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:50 pm

Volca wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:36 pm
cant edit the title auto correct told me that was the right way to spell it and i believed it.
Heh was that meant to be grappling? In that case, we do want to do that down the road, but as you mentioned it's quite complex in and of itself. We also want 'stock'/striking based combat to be very polished before we throw more features into the mix :)
0 x
Volca
Cottar

Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:17 pm

i was also thinking about another thing. with things like billhooks, halberds, axes and guisarmes. you could use the same push and pull features that i mentioned for those as well so you could hook shields, weapons , and limbs.
0 x